Interventions and Estimated Results:
CCT-II Operation is composed of a direct grant component with a duration of 12 months and a service component with a duration of 30 months (excluding the suspension period).
• Within the scope of direct grant component, financial support aiming to cover semester start-of costs of 360.000 CCT beneficiary students will be provided at the beginning of first and second semesters (50 and 25 Euros respectively) in 2019-2020 education year.
• Within the scope of the service component being implemented in 12 provinces throughout Turkey; there will be trainings for Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundations (SASF) staff and MoNE personnel, awareness-raising meetings for service providers at local level, impact analysis for CCT scheme in Turkey, a projection study to estimate future demand for social assistance/CCT in Turkey, a study about M&E Mechanism for DGSA, developing a model for integration of Social Assistance and Social Services in Turkey, coordination and awareness-raising meetings with the participation of local actors and a Closure Conference.
(End of October 2023)
The direct grant component of the Operation entered into force on 19.06.2019 and completed on 18.06.2020. During the implementation period of this component, seven Management Meetings and two Steering Committee Meetings have been held.
As a part of the Communication Strategy activities that aim to inform the target group about direct grant component and raise awareness, informative posters about the Operation were printed and distributed to 288 Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundations before making the first payment.
315,77 TL (50 Euros) per student was transferred to Turkish Post Office (PTT) accounts of parents of 325.415 beneficiary students for the first semester of 2019-2020 education year. An informative SMS about the payment was sent to parents and the public was informed about the Operation via social media and mass media channels. For the second semester of the 2019-2020 education year, 214.44 TL (32.73 Euros) per student was transferred to Turkish Post Office (PTT) accounts of parents of 327.741 beneficiary students. As it was the case also in the first semester, parents of the students were sent informative SMSs and the public was informed.
Service contract of the Operation was signed on 27.08.2020. Due to Covid 19 pandemic, the contract was suspended as of 21.12.2020 and then implementation resumed on 12.04.2021. In the current situation, within the scope of the service contract, 27 Monthly Management Meetings and from the beginning of the Operation 8 Steering Committee Meetings have been held.
By the end of October 2023;
• Intervention 1:
- Under Intervention 1.1, the roadmap, agenda and training materials of trainings of Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundations (SASF) staff were prepared and approved by the OB. As of October 2022, the first 23 sessions of the SYDV personnel training, planned as 40 sessions, have been organized and 553 SASF staff participated to the trainings in total.
- Under intervention 1.2, literature review has been completed for the training of Ministry of National Education staff, regional focus group meetings have been held. The roadmap of the preventive/protective programme were prepared and approved by the Operation Beneficiary programmes. The first draft of the programme were submitted and within this scope, 4 workshops were realized in Ankara. The first draft of the intervention programme was submitted and 4 workshops were organized in Ankara. 3-day-workshop for finalizing the programmes before pilot trainings was held in December 2022 with 53 participants. A meeting was held with MoNE 11.01.2023 to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the programme. A handbook was prepared and submitted to MoNE on 31.01.2023. The handbook was approved by MoNE on 11 July 2023.
• Under Intervention 2, Communication Roadmap have been prepared, social media accounts have been developed and they are actually in use. The project web-site https://snt2projesi.com/ is published. Also, awareness raising meetings for service providers have started. As of October 2023, 11 out of 12 meetings have been held. In total, 512 local participants have attended the meetings.
- The activities about preparation of the public spots within the scope of Intervention 2.2 have continued.
• Under Intervention 3, the Focus Group Meetings and in-depth interviews were conducted in 12 pilot provinces (Ankara, İzmir, İstanbul, Van, Adana, Hatay, Malatya, Şanlıurfa, Gaziantep, Edirne, Diyarbakır, Mardin) with the participation of 466 participants (The beneficiaries of Conditional Cash Transfer for Education, SYD Foundation staff, mukhtars, personnel of the Ministry of National Education). Questionnaires for target groups have been completed. Impact Analysis Report was sent to MoNE for approval on 13 September 2023. Besides, a Monitoring and Evaluation Mechanism for DGSA studies have started to be established.
• Under Activity 4.1, the concept note prepared for 24 coordination meetings and 2 high-level meetings to be held was conveyed to the OB and 12 coordination meeting were held and reached to 327 local participants.