Improving Occupational Health and Safety Especially in Mining Sector18 July 2019
Renewable Youth Energy Operation18 July 2019
Promoting Youth Employment in TRC3 Region (PYETRC3)
Action I. Employment
Activity I.II. Promoting Employment and Employability
Title of the Operation:
Promoting Youth Employment in TRC3 Region(PYETRC3)
Service component: 01.07.2020-30.06.2023
Supply component: 24.08.2020-04.05.2023
Tigris Development Agency (DİKA)
Website / Social Media Accounts:
Interventions and Estimated Results:
• To promote accessible employment, improve working conditions and enhance policymaking and implementation
• To increase the vocational skills of young people in TRC3 Region and promote their integration into the labour market
• Young unemployed people between the ages of 15 and 29 in TRC3 Region;
• Undergraduates of the 4 universities located in TRC3 Region;
• Employers/representatives of employers
• Staff of Mardin Artuklu University, Batman University, Şırnak University and Siirt University;
• Staff of Tigris Development Agency;
• Staff of Social Partners and Local Actors.
01 July 2020 – 30 June 2023
Component 1: Services And Trainings For Target Groups
Component 2: Institutional Capacity Building
Component 3: Awareness Raising
Component 4: Coordination/Cooperation Mechanisms
Pilot Provinces: TRC3 Region of Türkiye, including provinces Mardin, Batman, Şırnak and Siirt; however, some of the interventions, such as network meetings, will be implemented in other provinces specified under relevant activities.
Within the scope of the service component; it is aimed to increase the skill levels of young people through vocational trainings on various topics and to improve the policy-making capacities of the local actors/stakeholders including universities and NGOs in order to promote youth employment. The component also includes activities for improving the institutional capacity of Tigris Development Agency, as well as Siirt, Batman, Şırnak and Mardin Artuklu Universities in the field of youth employment.
Expected results of the Operation are as follows:
1- 28 training sessions for digital skills will be delivered to 560 young people; 34 training sessions for critical job finding skills will be delivered to 760 young people; 14 training sessions for applied entrepreneurship will be delivered to 350 young people; 16 training sessions for installation, maintenance and repair services will be delivered to 400 young people.
2- 32 training sessions will be delivered to 800 employers;
3- 1.800 young people will be provided with entrepreneurial and financial guidance; 3.600 young people will be provided with career guidance and counselling services;
4- 20 information meetings will be organised with 2000 participants;
5- 4 training sessions on labour market policies and innovative support mechanisms will be delivered to 80 participants; (for the staff of the universities and the Tigris Development Agency)
6- 4 training sessions on career guidance and counselling management will be delivered to 80 participants; (for the staff of the universities and the Tigris Development Agency)
7- 4 training sessions on labour market policies and innovative support mechanisms will be delivered to 160 participants (for the staff of social partners and local actors)
8- 4 training sessions on career guidance and counselling management will be delivered to 160 participants; (for the staff of social partners and local actors)
9- 1 Opening Conference will be organised with 200 participants; 4 press meetings will be organised with 60 participants; 2 entrepreneurships competitions will be organised with 250 participants;
10- Internships will be organised with a duration of 15 days for 6 participants; 4 career days will be organised with 600 participants; 11- 8 employer presentation and visionary speeches organised with 1000 participants;
12- 1 closing conference will be organised with 200 participants; 7 exploratory meetings will be organised with 140 participants; 7 promotional meetings organised with 140 participants.
In the supply component; it is aimed to improve the physical equipment capacity of Public Education Centers and Vocational and Technical Anatolian High Schools in Mardin, Batman, Siirt and Şırnak through supply of relevant equipment to increase the vocational skills of young people in TRC3 Region and promote their integration into the labour market.
(As of July 2023)
The service contract’s implementation period started on 01.07.2020. Kick-off meeting was held on 02.07.2020 via videoconference with the participation of relevant parties.
By the end of July 2023:
1. 32 training sessions for digital skills were delivered to 596 participants; 41 training sessions for critical job finding skills were delivered to 893 participants; 19 training sessions for applied entrepreneurship were delivered to 373 participants; 22 training sessions for installation, maintenance and repair services were delivered to 440 participants. Additional trainings were organized in 4 sessions under these headings, and 82 people participated to these trainings.
2. 44 training sessions were delivered to 949 employers within the context of trainings for employers.
3. 2.198 young people were provided with entrepreneurial and financial guidance; 3.653 young people were provided with career guidance and counselling support.
4. 13 information meetings were organised with 2.045 participants.
5. 4 training sessions on labour market policies and innovative support mechanisms were delivered to 97 participants (for staff of Universities and DIKA) and the trainings have been completed; 4 training sessions on career guidance and counselling management were delivered to 117 participants (for Universities) and the trainings have been completed; 1 training session on career guidance and counselling management was delivered to 10 participants (for DIKA); 8 training sessions on labour market policies and innovative support mechanisms were delivered to 231 participants and the trainings have been completed; 8 training sessions on career guidance and counselling management were delivered to 201 participants and the trainings have been completed (for stakeholders and local actors). A Peer Review Workshop on Career Guidance Counseling and Management was held with the participation of 22 people to develop the Career Centers of universities in the TRC3 Region. Project Preparation Trainings for the EU Horizon Programme were organised in Batman and Siirt Universities with 55 participants in total. In addition, 2.5 days of “Feasibility Analysis for Supporting Youth Employment and Research Methodologies and Technical Reporting for Preparation of Local Development Plans”; 1 day of Training on EU IPA-III Programmes for Promoting Youth Employment and 2 days of Training on COSME Programme to Support Youth Employment were organised with 24 staff members from the Agency. Also, for universities and Agency staff, Follow-Up Workshop on Innovative Mechanisms for Promoting Youth Employment was organized with 15 participants.
6. Opening Conference was organised with 216 participants; 4 press meetings were organised with 53 participants.
7. 2 entrepreneurships competitions were organised with 317 participants.
8. 8 employer presentation and visionary speeches were organised with 1.432 participants.
9. 7 exploratory meetings in the provinces of Ankara, Konya, Bursa, Izmir, Manisa, Kocaeli and İstanbul were organised with 218 participants. Besides, 4 promotional meetings in 4 provinces (Mersin, Adana, Kayseri and Van) were organized with 147 participants.
10. Closing Conference was held with 239 participants.
11. Internship programmes for the 3 winners of 1st Entrepreneurship Competition was completed. Internship programmes for the 3 winners of 2nd Entrepreneurship Competition was completed.
12. Two study visits were organised. First one was organised in Italy and 5 people attended the training which was organized by the ILO (Agency and Ministry of Industry and Technology staff). Second visit was organised to Germany with 5 participants (Agency and Ministry of Industry and Technology Staff).
13. Career fairs were held at 4 universities with 1.894 participants.
Within the scope of the supply component, final acceptance procedures were finalized for “Lot 1-IT Systems Equipment”, “Lot-2 Natural Gas Interior Installation Equipment and Materials”, “Lot 3- Air Conditioner Maintenance and Repair Equipment” and “Lot 4- Elevator Maintenance and Repair Equipment” .