Interventions and Estimated Results:
Implementation period of the Operation has been completed.
The overall objective of the Operation is to develop the capacity of the OS and potential and actual beneficiaries, in order to support them in fulfilling their functions related to the IPA and future EU Structural Funds implementations.
The specific purposes are as follows:
• To provide support and assistance to the OS of EESP SOP so that the programme is both managed effectively and serves as a valuable preparation for the future management of the ESF.
• To increase the capacity of institutions for policy design, effective use of IPA funds, Acquis alignment and conducting evaluation and thematic monitoring activities.
• To provide assistance in increasing the capacity of potential/actual beneficiaries on project preparation, implementation and management.
• To increase awareness of general public about the opportunities provided by EESP SOP and about its implementations and outcomes.
Target groups are:
• The OS staff, as lead institution for the employment, education and social policies sector for the IPA II period,
• Central, regional and local, potential and actual beneficiaries (either OBs or Grant Beneficiaries) defined under each Activity of the EESP SOP:
o Public institutions at central level such as İŞKUR, MoNE, MoFSP, Ministry of Health, SSI, governorships, municipalities and Union of Municipalities of Turkey, Regional Development Agencies and other relevant regional/local public institutions and authorities.
• Social partners including trade unions, confederations, and commodity exchanges, NGOs, chambers of trade and industry, SMEs, SME representative institutions, private sector, cooperatives, professional associations,
• Educational institutions, including universities,
• Other relevant actors.
The base of project is Ankara. However, activities (such as organising trainings, seminars, meetings, working groups, training needs analysis, etc) are being implemented nationwide.
Expected outputs of the project are as follows:
• 39 training models for the OS staff
• 61 trainings for actual and potential beneficiaries
• Training of 2.797 staff of actual and potential grant beneficiaries
• Reaching 25.000 people through awareness raising activities
• 4 researches, field studies, reports, impact assessments, monitoring and evaluation studies, regional needs analysis, project pool etc.
• 8 SMC meetings
• Conducting 15 conferences / working groups
• Providing support to monitoring activities for projects funded under the Sectoral Operational Program
• Creation and launching of the HRD Academy platform
• Organizing study and training visits to EU member and candidate countries
(End of April 2023)
• Training Needs Analyzes were carried out within the scope of the technical assistance and OS staff members were provided with trainings on various subjects. Also, trainings were provided to potential grant and Operation Beneficiaries.
In this context, 39 trainings have been organised for the Operating Structure staff and 61 trainings have been held for the Operation Beneficiaries.
• 8 Sectoral Monitoring Committee Meetings and 7 Steering Committee Meetings were held.
• 13 stakeholder meetings were organised.
• 2.034 people were reached with 23 project information activities and 2.030 people were reached with project application preparation trainings.
• 8 study visits were carried out.
• 4 thematic studies were prepared.
• Training and consultancy support to potential and actual operation beneficiaries continued to be provided.
• IKG Academy platform has been created and it is actively used.
• Projects Fair was organized, projects and their outputs were shared with the public.
• Monitoring visits have been supported.
• Visibility activities have continued on many platforms, both in social media and in physical environments.