Interventions and Estimated Results:
CCT-II Operation is composed of a direct grant component with a duration of 12 months and a service component with a duration of 30 months (excluding the suspension period).
• Within the scope of direct grant component, financial support aiming to cover semester start-of costs of 360.000 CCT beneficiary students will be provided at the beginning of first and second semesters (50 and 25 Euros respectively) in 2019-2020 education year.
• Within the scope of the service component being implemented in 12 provinces throughout Türkiye; there will be trainings for Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundations (SASF) staff and MoNE personnel, awareness-raising meetings for service providers at local level, impact analysis for CCT scheme in Türkiye, a projection study to estimate future demand for social assistance/CCT in Türkiye, a study about M&E Mechanism for DGSA, developing a model for integration of Social Assistance and Social Services in Türkiye, coordination and awareness-raising meetings with the participation of local actors and a Closure Conference.
(As of November 2022)
The direct grant component of the Operation entered into force on 19.06.2019 and was completed on 18.06.2020. During the implementation period of this component, nineteen Management Meetings and six Steering Committee Meetings have been held.
As a part of the Communication Strategy activities that aim to inform the target group about direct grant component and raise awareness, informative posters about the Operation were printed and distributed to 288 Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundations before making the first payment.
315,77 TL (50 Euros) per student was transferred to Turkish Post Office (PTT) accounts of parents of 325.415 beneficiary students for the first semester of 2019-2020 education year. An informative SMS about the payment was sent to parents and the public was informed about the Operation via social media and mass media channels. For the second semester of the 2019-2020 education year, 214.44 TL (32.73 Euros) per student was transferred to Turkish Post Office (PTT) accounts of parents of 327.741 beneficiary students. As it was the case also in the first semester, parents of the students were sent informative SMSs and the public was informed.
Service contract of the Operation was signed on 27.08.2020. Due to Covid 19 pandemic, the contract was suspended as of 21.12.2020 and then implementation resumed on 12.04.2021. In this context;
- Under Intervention 1.1, the roadmap, agenda and training materials of trainings for Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundations (SASF)’ staff have been prepared. The first 8 sessions of the SASF personnel training, planned as 40 sessions, have been organized in Ankara, Adana, İstanbul, İzmir and Gaziantep.
- Under intervention 1.2, literature review has been completed for the trainings of Ministry of National Education staff and regional focus group meetings have been held. The roadmap of the preventive/protective programmes have been prepared. The first draft of the programmes has been submitted and, within this scope, 4 workshops were realized in Ankara. The first draft of the intervention programme has been submitted and 4 workshops were organized in Ankara.
- Under Intervention 2, Communication Roadmap has been prepared, social media accounts of the Operation have been developed and they are actually in use. Additionally, visibility materials such as pen, notebook, dossier, bookmark, USB, cloth bag, and mug were prepared and started to be distributed to service providers. Besides, establishment of Operation website has been completed and design phase of visibility is continuing.
- The activities about preparation of the public spots within the scope of Intervention 2.2 continue.
- Under Intervention 3, methodology of the Impact Analysis has been prepared. Questions of the in-depth interviews, focus group meetings and questionnaires have been determined within the scope of field study phase of the intervention.
- Under Intervention 3.1.2, the Draft Desk Review Report was revised and studies are continuing. Studies in this context are continuing.
- Under Intervention 3.1.3, the Focus Group Meetings and in-depth interviews were conducted in 12 pilot provinces (Ankara, İzmir, İstanbul, Van, Adana, Hatay, Malatya, Şanlıurfa, Gaziantep, Edirne, Diyarbakır and Mardin) with 494 participants (beneficiaries of Conditional Cash Transfer for Education, SAS Foundations staff, headmen (mukhtars), personnel of the Ministry of National Education). The draft reports regarding these meetings and interviews have been prepared by the Research Team.
- Under Activity 4.1, the draft concept note has been prepared for 24 meetings and 2 high-level meetings that will be held.