Promoting Youth Employment in TRC3 Region (PYETRC3)18 July 2019
Institutional Capacity Building for the Implementation of Employment, Education and Social Policies Sectoral Operational Programme (EESP SOP) under IPA-II18 July 2019
Renewable Youth Energy Operation (RE-YOU)
Action II: Education and Training
Activity II.III: Strengthening the vocational qualifications system, LLL and adaptability
Title of the Operation:
Renewable Youth Energy Operation
South Marmara Development Agency
Partner Universities: Balıkesir University and
Çanakkale Onsekiz Mart University
Website / Social Media Accounts:
@reyouproject in Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin and Youtube
Interventions and Estimated Results:
- attract and retain more young people in employment at renewable energy sector by improving educational and vocational training opportunities and strengthening the linkage between formal training and labour market in South Marmara region
- to improve LLL capacity of the Region
• 480 young unemployed people constituting the target group will participate to trainings (Renewable energy trainings will be organised for the young people in the fields of wind, photovoltaic and biogas in line with the National Occupational Standards and National Qualifications announced by the VQA), they will be tested and certified
• 120 students will participate in national/ international programmes
• 100 staff members from relevant institutions will participate to trainings
• 30 staff will participate in national and international programmes
• 2 Universities will be authorized by TURKAK and VQA accreditation for becoming Authorized Certification Bodies in the field of reneawable energy.
• The 2 Universities (Operation Partners) will be accredited by GWO
• 5000 persons will be accessed through campaigns/ events
• “South Marmara Renewable Energy Labour Market Analysis Report” will be designed.
• For increasing the awareness on renewable energy, 10 workshops and conferences will be organised.
There is also a supply component under the Operation. It is aimed to provide the Operation Beneficiary institution and Partner Universities with equipment in the area of renewable energy and also with technical equipment to be utilized during trainings.
(As of April 2022)
Intervention 1.1: Delivering renewable energy system trainings to trainees
• Trainee Selection Criteria Workshop was conducted in order to identify general and specific requirements for applicants related to the 3 Renewable Energy areas.
Intervention 1.3: Electric Power Flow Facilities- EKAT Trainings
• In close communication and cooperation with EÜAŞ, studies for designing and implementing the EKAT trainings are ongoing.
Intervention 1.4: Arranging Internship Opportunities for Trainees
• Necessary database structure and relevant documents/questionnaires to be used for data collection during the site visits have been prepared.
• Company visits have been started. The starting phase of the visits was planned in Ankara and was implemented on a pilot scale. Based on the visits, the data collection documents were reviewed and updated.
• Some of the leading companies in the RE sector were visited in order to be informed about the sector and for the arrangements about site visits.
Intervention 2.1: Developing the curricula and the textbooks of renewable energy systems trainings and career-oriented courses
• General outline of the curricula and relevant experts for sub-module developing for wind, biogas and photovoltaic have been defined through the workshops that have been organized, respectively, on 3 November 2021, 17 February 2022 and 3 March 2022.
Intervention 2.4: Continuing Education Centers will apply to TÜRKAK and VQA for becoming Authorized Certification Body
• Workshops regarding revision of current National Occupational Standards and National Qualifications in the field of Wind and Biogas were conducted with the participation of sector representatives and Partner Universities.
• 6 staff members from Partner Universities have participated to VQA and TÜRKAK trainings and they have received certificates.
• For Partner Universities, pre-approval process for VQA authorization has been initiated.
Intervention 2.5.2: Continuing Education Centers to become GWO training providers
• Gap Analyses for the GWO Accreditation process were conducted separately in Partner Universities.
• Gap Analysis Reports were shared with Partner Universities.
Intervention 3.2: Opening Conference
• The Opening Conference was held on 19.01.2022 as face-to-face in Balıkesir and also via videoconference, with the participation of a total of 239 representatives .
Intervention 3.1: Organizing awareness raising meetings with the participation of employers in the renewable energy sector
• 1st Awareness Raising Meeting was conducted in Çanakkale on 23rd March 2022 with 51 participants.
Intervention 3.4: Production of the Spot Films
• Website of the Operation has been launched and it is regularly updated. (Link: http://reyouproject.org/)
• First spot film with 20-seconds was shot in Balıkesir.
Intervention 4.1. Preparation of “The South Marmara Renewable Energy Employment Market Analysis” Report
• Preliminary data for the Report will be collected within the site visits for the Intervention 1.4.
• A report regarding desktop studies and preliminarily data from site visits is under preparation.
Intervention 5.1: Organizing workshops with social partners and academics
• Curricula workshops for wind, biogas and photovoltaic have been organized, respectively, on 3rd November 2021, 17th February 2022 and 3rd March 2022. Outcome reports were prepared and shared with the relevant parties.
• Trainee Selection Workshop was organized on 22nd March 2022 and an outcome report is under preparation.
The provisional acceptance procedure of all the six Lots under the supply component have been completed.