Interventions and Estimated Results:
Overall objective of the Operation is to develop national qualifications system, lifelong learning (LLL) strategies.
- Specific Objective: attract and retain more young people in employment at renewable energy sector by improving educational and vocational training opportunities and strengthening the linkage between formal training and labour market in South Marmara region
- to improve LLL capacity of the Region
- 480 young unemployed people between 18-29 ages graduated from engineering, technical and science faculties, relevant two year technical degree programmes (such as electricity and energy, electronic technology, electronic and automation, machine etc.) and relevant fields.
- Continuing Education Centers, Career and Counselling Units, Distant Learning Centers and Universities.
- Staff of Continuing Education Centers, Career and Counselling Units, Distant Learning Centers and Universities.
- Employers and employees of the companies in renewable energy sector.
Areas of Intervention
- Intervention I: Services and Trainings for target persons
- Intervention II: Institutional Capacity Building
- Intervention III: Awareness Raising
- Intervention IV: Scientific and Technical Studies
- Intervention V: Coordination and Cooperation Mechanisms
Location: Balıkesir, Çanakkale, İzmir, İstanbul, Ankara, Bursa, Antalya, Konya, Manisa, Kocaeli and Tekirdağ
• 480 young unemployed people constituting the target group will participate to trainings (Renewable energy trainings will be organised for the young people in the fields of wind, photovoltaic and biogas in line with the National Occupational Standards and National Qualifications announced by the VQA), they will be tested and certified
• 120 students will participate in national/ international programmes
• 100 staff members from relevant institutions will participate to trainings
• 30 staff will participate in national and international programmes
• 2 Universities will be authorized by TURKAK and VQA accreditation for becoming Authorized Certification Bodies in the field of reneawable energy.
• The 2 Universities (Operation Partners) will be accredited by GWO
• 5000 persons will be accessed through campaigns/ events
• “South Marmara Renewable Energy Labour Market Analysis Report” will be designed.
• For increasing the awareness on renewable energy, 10 workshops and conferences will be organised.
Implementation period is 36 months.
There is also a supply component under the Operation. It is aimed to provide the Operation Beneficiary institution and Partner Universities with equipment in the area of renewable energy and also with technical equipment to be utilized during trainings.
(As of November 2022)
Intervention 1.1: Delivering renewable energy system trainings to trainees
• Trainee Selection Criteria Workshop was conducted in order to identify general and specific requirements for applicants related to the 3 Renewable Energy areas.
Intervention 1.3: Electric Power Flow Facilities- EKAT Trainings
• In close communication and cooperation with EÜAŞ and TEDAŞ, studies for designing and implementing the EKAT trainings are ongoing.
Intervention 1.4: Arranging Internship Opportunities for Trainees
• Necessary database structure and relevant documents/questionnaires to be used for data collection during the site visits have been prepared.
• Company visits have been started. The starting phase of the visits was planned in Ankara and was implemented on a pilot scale. Based on the visits, the data collection documents were reviewed and updated.
• Some of the leading companies in the RE sector were visited in order to be informed about the sector and for the arrangements about site visits.
• Correspondence for arranging internship opportunities for the target group, visits to private companies and public institutions are ongoing.
• The legal framework for internship program is being reviewed.
Intervention 2.1: Developing the curricula and the textbooks of renewable energy systems trainings and career-oriented courses
• General outline of the curricula and relevant experts for sub-module developing for wind, biogas and photovoltaic have been defined through the workshops that have been organized, respectively, on 3 November 2021, 17 February 2022 and 3 March 2022.
• Lead experts were mobilized for each field (wind, biogas, photovoltaic and career development). Curricula development teams were mobilized in the field of wind, biogas and careers under the guidance of Key Experts and the expert profiles were determined accordingly.
• Within the scope of the directives prepared by the Key Experts, the relevant experts started to develop the relevant modules/chapters.
• The Wind, Biogas and Solar PV teams have visited Balıkesir and Çanakkale to see the equipment in the Partner Universities, to test the experiment sets to be applied during the training program, and to organize technical meetings with the relevant committees.
• Sectoral and academic stakeholders have been informed about the training content through the workshops held on 17, 18, 19, and 20 October 2022.
• Training materials will be prepared by December 2022.
Intervention 2.3: Adaptation of the renewable energy systems trainings and career oriented courses to e-learning system
• Experts have been identified; a subcontracting agreement was signed with Hacettepe University.
• Experts have visited both partner universities in September 2022 to examine the current infrastructure and to identify the needs.
Intervention 2.4: Continuing Education Centers will apply to TÜRKAK and VQA for becoming Authorized Certification Body
• Workshops regarding revision of current National Occupational Standards and National Qualifications in the field of Wind and Biogas were conducted with the participation of sector representatives and Partner Universities.
• NOSs and NQs for Wind and Biogas have been updated, and officially published on the website of VQA
• 20 staff members from Partner Universities have participated to VQA and TÜRKAK trainings and they have received certificates.
• For Partner Universities, pre-approval process for VQA authorization has been completed. Universities have signed Pre-Application Protocol with the VQA.
• Online capacity building trainings were organized for accreditation teams at partner universities, and it is planned to be implemented face-to-face as well. These trainings will take place in the first (Çanakkale) and second week (Balıkesir) of November.
Intervention 2.5.2: Continuing Education Centers to become GWO training providers
• Gap Analyses for the GWO Accreditation process were conducted separately in Partner Universities.
• Gap Analysis Reports were shared with Partner Universities.
• Under the light of the Gap Analysis Reports, accreditation process for both universities have been initiated.
• Staff from both universities have been identified for accreditation as trainers.
• Accreditation process is being closely monitored through periodical meetings by both universities.
Intervention 2.6: Study Visits
• The first study visit was organized between 19-26 June 2022 in Germany
• The second study visit was organized between 25 September – 1 October 2022 in Denmark and Germany
Intervention 3.2: Opening Conference
• The Opening Conference was held on 19.01.2022 as face-to-face in Balıkesir and also via videoconference, with the participation of a total of 239 representatives .
Intervention 3.1: Organizing awareness raising meetings with the participation of employers in the renewable energy sector
• 1st Awareness Raising Meeting was conducted in Çanakkale on 23rd March 2022 with 51 participants.
Intervention 3.4: Production of the Spot Films
• Website of the Operation has been launched and it is regularly updated. (http://reyouproject.org/)
• First spot film with 20-seconds was shot in Balıkesir.
Intervention 3.5: Preparation, Design and Distribution of Visibility and Audio-Visual Materials
• Following the approval of the Operation Beneficiary, 5.000 organizers, 5.000 notebooks, 5.000 pens, 5.000 USB sticks, 5.000 brochures, 500 backpacks have been produced.
Intervention 4.1. Preparation of “The South Marmara Renewable Energy Employment Market Analysis” Report
• Preliminary data for the Report have been collected within the site visits for the Intervention 1.4.
• A report regarding desktop studies and preliminarily data from site visits, including data collection tools to be used during the research was completed.
Intervention 5.1: Organizing workshops with social partners and academics
• Curricula workshops for wind, biogas and photovoltaic have been organized, respectively, on 3rd November 2021, 17th February 2022 and 3rd March 2022. Outcome reports were prepared and shared with the relevant parties.
• Trainee Selection Workshop was organized on 22nd March 2022 and an outcome report has been prepared.
• First Renewable Energy Investments on Labour Market Workshop was held on 11th May 2022.
• Curriculum Development Workshop for Career-Oriented Courses was held on October 17, 2022, in Balıkesir.
• Curriculum Development Workshop for Wind was held on October 18, 2022, in Balıkesir.
• Curriculum Development Workshop for Biogas was held on October 19, 2022, in Çanakkale.
• Curriculum Development Workshop for Solar PV was held on October 20, 2022, in Çanakkale.
• Second Renewable Energy Investments on Labour Market Workshop was held on October 21, 2022.
The provisional acceptance procedures of all the six Lots under the supply component have been completed.