Interventions and Estimated Results:
The Operation has service and supply components.
Operation Purpose is to support efforts to increase attendance and enrolment rates in secondary education through development and implementation of a comprehensive prevention, intervention and compensation model
• Relevant staff of the DGs of the MoNE
• Teachers and school managers
• Secondary school students especially at risk of early school leaving and class repetition
• Civil society organisations (NGOs)
Activities under service contract:
• Developing a prevention, intervention and compensation model:
A prevention, intervention and compensation model will be developed for strengthening the sense of belonging of the students to school and increasing their motivation as well as improving the communication between the student and the teacher.
Via this method; students under the risk of early school leaving, absense and class repetition will be targeted. The Model will specifically target girls in the provinces where they are under a greater risk of facing such risks.
Also, a Guideline for implementing the Model and a National Strategy Document will be prepared.
The Model will be implemented in 50 pilot schools by targeting the students under the risk of early school leaving. In this context; activities on visual arts, music, motivation raising, drama/performance arts and laboratory studies will be implemented. To this aim; social, cultural, sportive, scientific activities, role model meetings, motivation raising and creative educational activities, etc. will be realized.
Besides, compensation/catch up classes on reading comprehension, Mathematics and Science courses -composed of maximum 25 students each- will be established. In order to publicize the Model, awareness-raising activities targeting the policy makers/education authorities, mukhtars and community leaders, CSO representatives and the media will be organised. Furthermore, university visits will be arranged for increasing the information and awareness levels of the students at risk of early school leaving.
• Early Warning System
An Early Warning System will be developed which is expected to enable a systematic monitoring of school attendance of the secondary education students and timely identification of early school leaving for further development of relevant measures.
• Family visits and infromation meetings:
Families of 1.500 students, specifically that of girls, will be visited by the teachers and school principals.
• Scientific and Technical Studies:
Desk studies will be conducted on the best practices at the international level, also current situation and needs analyses will be realised.
• Workshops, conferences and other organisations:
With the participation of relevant parties, regional workshops will be organised, and coordination meetings will be held twice a year with the aim of developing the Model.
Pilot provinces: There are 14 pilot provinces composed of İstanbul, Tekirdağ, Afyonkarahisar, Sakarya, Ankara, Hatay, Nevşehir, Çankırı, Trabzon, Ağrı, Bingöl, Hakkari, Şanlıurfa and Şırnak.
The purpose of the supply component is to support efforts to increase attendance and enrolment rates in secondary education through providing basic materials and equipment necessary for arts, music, drama and science activities to the activity classrooms that will be established and/or equipped in pilot schools.
(End of April 2023)
By the end of April 2023, following activities have been conducted:
- Implementation period of service component started on 10.12.2021. The Kick-off Meeting was held on 13.12.2021.
- The Opening Event was held on 26 July 2022 with the participation of representatives from relevant public institutions and stakeholders.
- Within the scope of Activity 1.2.1, legislation, policy documents and existing practices regarding participation in education was reviewed. Legislation Review Report was prepared.
- Within the scope of Activity 1.2.2, 2 workshops on legislation review were carried out in Ankara on 6-7 April 2022 and 27-28 April 2022.
- Within the scope of Activity 4.1, 3 regional workshops were organised in Ankara, Hatay and İstanbul on 25-26 April 2022, 17-18 May 2022, 23-25 May 2022, respectively. 3 workshop evaluation reports were prepared.
- A logo has been developed to be used in all administrative and written materials and communication tools with regard to the Design and Development of Branding and Operational Corporate Identity.
- Within the scope of activity 1.1.2, a total of three workshops were held in July, August and September to review, discuss and finalize the content design of compensation/catch up classes with the participation of the representatives of the Operation Beneficiary, teachers and academics as well as relevant stakeholders from the MoNE.
- Within the scope of activity 1.1.4, a total of three workshops were held in July, August and September to review, discuss and finalize the related contents regarding development of creative educational activities with the participation of the relevant stakeholders from the MoNE, the representatives of the Operation Beneficiary, teachers and academics.
- Within the scope of activity 1.1.5, a mentoring services guideline has been developed for especially female students who are at risk of early school leaving.
- Within the scope of activity 1.1.10, 2 workshops were held in Ankara in September with the participation of stakeholders and MoNE representatives to develop the Early Warning System and to discuss, review and finalize the indicators developed for the EWS.
- Within the scope of activity 2.3, various visibility and awareness/promotional materials were produced to be distributed at workshops, conferences and meetings.
- Within the scope of activity 2.4, a project website has been designed to ensure the sustainability.
- Within the scope of activity 3.1, a brainstorming meeting was held in Ankara in July to review the results of desk review and benchmarking study.
- For the Activity 1.1.6, mentoring services guideline was discussed and reviewed with the participation of 56 people in a 4 day workshop in October 2022.
- For the Activity 1.1.7; Physics, Chemistry and Biology measurement tools for determination of readiness level of students and the guideline were prepared. Furthermore, the pre-piloting of these tools including SASAT has been conducted in 6 pilot schools located in Ankara.
- For the Activity 1.1.8; Physics, Chemistry and Biology measurement tools for determination of readiness level of students and the guideline were discussed and reviewed with the participation of 49 people in a 3-day workshop in November 2022. Mathematics, reading comprehension and effective domain measurement tools for determination of readiness level of students and the guideline were discussed and reviewed with the participation of 50 people in the 2nd 3-day workshop in January.
- For the Activity 3.3, two study visits were conducted to the Netherlands in November 2022 and Spain in December 2022 respectively.
- Within the scope of the activity 1.1.9, Beneficiary has collected/provided data for Early Warning System (EWS) risk indicators in all pilot schools in Ankara. Statistical data analysis has been conducted to achieve validation of EWS risk indicators.
The supply component consists of a total of 7 Lots. Implementation periods of Lot 1 and Lot 3 started on 20.05.2022. Lot 1 includes the supply of IT and Electronic equipment. Lot 3 consists of furniture to be supplied within the scope of the project. In addition; Lot 2 is consisted of supply of musical instruments and voice recording equipment, Lot 4 includes personal protective equipment and Lot 5 is about supply of art studio equipment. Implementation period of these 3 Lots started on 07.03.2023.
- For detailed information on the supply tender, please click here.