Supporting Registered Employment of Women through Institutional Childcare Services (INST-CARE)17 July 2019
Increasing the Quality of Special Education Services for Inclusive Education (IQSES)18 July 2019
Improving Job and Vocational Counselling Services (IQJVC)
Action I: Employment
Activity I.III Supporting Employment Policy-making and Implementation
Title of the Operation:
Improving Job and Vocational Services Operation (IQJVC)
Turkish Employment Agency (İŞKUR)
Website / Social Media Accounts:
Twitter / @imdprojesi
LinkedIn / İMD Projesi
Interventions and Estimated Results:
The Operation is composed of (Technical Assistance) service component with a duration of 36 months.
Within this context;
• Activities will be carried out to improve the policy making capacity of İŞKUR’s central staff and the implementation capacity of İŞKUR’s local staff (6085 staff). In line with this purpose, trainings will be provided for the use of the IT system to be developed by the personnel. Daily technical consultancy will be provided on qualified JVC services and processes. Vocational orientation tests will be developed, and consultancy will be provided for online applications.
• İŞKUR's existing communication strategy will be improved and films related to İŞKUR’s services and vocations will be produced. 5 Career EXPO organizations will be held, promotional materials will be prepared and distributed, fictional characters will be designed. An international congress regarding employment policy will be organized as a closing event. 15.000 people will be reached as a result of awareness raising activities.
• It is aimed to directly contribute to İŞKUR's policy-making and implementation capacity with scientific and technical studies. Thus, 6 reports will be prepared for inclusive service provision models for disadvantaged groups. 3 gap analysis reports will be prepared on effective cooperation mechanisms. Institutional needs analysis will be conducted. Evaluation of İŞKUR’s Employment Fairs and Career Days will be conducted. Forecasting models for professions and skills will be developed at sectoral level. Foreign exchange and internship programs will be arranged. Online database memberships will be provided.
• 4 workshops will be organized with the career centers of the universities. 3 workshops will be organized with private employment agencies, social partners and NGOs.
(End of April 2023)
By the end of April 2023;
Intervention I – Institutional Capacity Building Activities
• Training materials have been developed for seven training modules.
• 2.717 participants have attended to trainings in 89 groups in 25 provinces.
• A major review of all Vocational Orientation Test Applications used by Public Employment Services (PES) in Europe and elsewhere in the world have been designed.
• Concept notes were developed and shared under Activities 1.2 and 1.3.
• Field visits were carried out under Activity 1.2 Consultancy on JVC Work Processes.
• Activity 1.3 Development of Vocational Orientation Test Battery has kicked off, a working group has been established, item pool has been developed, preparations for the field study have been completed.
• Activity 1.9 Promotional Conference was held with the attendance of over 200 participants from the stakeholders.
• Training Needs Analysis survey has been conducted and two focus group meetings were held under Activity 188.8.131.52 Trainings on three additional topics reached as a result of Training Need Analyses.
• Under Activity 1.1.6, Information and Learning Management System, Needs Analysis meetings have been held, the system development process has been initiated.
Intervention II - Awareness Raising Activities
• Project’s Communication and Visibility Plan have been developed.
• Promotional materials have been developed and distributed:
o 250 packages (bag, pen, notebook, thermos, mug, powerbank) of promotional materials were distributed in the Second Steering Committee Meeting dated 24 March 2022.
o For the trainings under Activities 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11, 2.681 packages (bag, pen, pencil, notebook, folder and ruler/bookmark) of promotional materials were distributed.
o 220 packages (laptop bag, powerbank and pencil case) were distributed in Activity 1.9 Promotional Conference.
• Under Activity 2.5 Creation of Fictional Characters, seven scenarios have been developed.
• Concept notes and work plans were developed for Activities 2.2.1, 2.2.2, 2.2.3 and 2.5.
• Movies have been produced for Act. 2.2.1 Institutional Introductory Movie and 2.2.2 Public Spot Movie.
• Seven Vocational Introductory Movies have been produced for Act. 2.2.3.
• For Activity 2.1 Improvement of Communication Strategy, Experts have been mobilised, a workshop has been held with the attendance of İŞKUR representatives and stakeholders.
Intervention III - Study and Research Activities
• Under Activity 3.1 Inclusive Service Delivery Models for Disadvantaged Groups, six draft reports have been prepared.
• Under Activity 3.7 Online Database Memberships, İŞKUR’s subscriptions to AYEUM, SAGE and OECD databases have been completed.
• Under 3.6 International Exchange Programmes, a study visit was held in Czechia. Two hosting visits were held, three days each, with the attendance of experts from Ireland and Austria.