DIRECTORATE of EUROPEAN UNION and FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Directorate of European Union and Financial Assistance was founded with the “Statutory Decree No 367 Regarding Foundation of Related Units on European Community in Ministries and Affiliate Institutions” and with the amendment of Article 12/A titled “Main Service Units” of “Law No 3146 on the Organization and Duties of Ministry of Labour and Social Security” which placed “Directorate of European Union and Financial Assistance” among the main service units. Establishment of the department was approved on 16 May 1989.
According to the Statutory Decree No 367, the department is responsible of coordinating matters related to the European Union, aiding the coordination duties of the ministry responsible of European Union affairs, taking necessary precautions in line with the general policies of the government and executing tasks about coherence and implementation.
Duties of the department has been defined as below in the Article 12/A of Law No 3146 on the Organization and Duties of Ministry of Labour and Social Security:
- Making preparatory arrangements for negotiations and attending meetings in the matters related to the European Union which falls under the work field of the ministry, coordinating ministry units on the decisions of the European Union - Turkey association agencies,
- Executing the programming, budget and implementation phases of outsourced projects in the context of supports provided by the European Union programmes and the European Union which fall under the work field of the ministry,
- Programming, coordination, implementation and controlling of projects that the ministry conducts with the European Union, other countries and international instutitions in line with human resources development,
- Preparing, implementing and coordinating operational programmes in the framework of international agreements, acquis communautaire and related legislation,
- Selection, prioritization, tendering, contracting, executing, payment, accounting, controling, monitoring and evaluating projects and activities which will be supported,
- Executing similar tasks which be assigned by the ministry.
In this context, Directorate of European Union and Financial Assistance is responsible for: